Why an Email Marketing Firm Is the Best Thing for Your Business Growth
It’s no secret that email marketing is lucrative. It’s a low-cost solution with massive possibilities. It’s the grandfather of digital marketing, but it’s still going strong!
I’ve written plenty of blog posts about the topic. I could spout facts about email marketing all day. However, that’s not the point of today’s post. So, instead, allow me to open this topic with some mind-blowing statistics. We’ve all (probably) heard about the eye-popping 4,200% ROI of email marketing services, but here are even more numbers to chew on:
- 54% of consumers preferred email marketing over other digital marketing services in 2022.
- 59% of consumers cited email marketing as a significant influence over their purchasing habits in a 2022 HubSpot study.
- 81% of B2B marketers cited email marketing as the most-used communication channel in 2022.
- 90% of marketers cited emails as a significant influence over their success in 2021.
- 99% of email users check their inbox daily.
These are just some of the numbers associated with a rock-solid email marketing strategy. With the right combination of strategy, vision, and technical ability, anyone can turn simple email campaigns into reliable income.
However, it’s not easy.
Email marketing takes a lot of work; even a single email marketing campaign is backed by weeks of careful planning. The top email marketing agencies can masterfully manipulate any email marketing software to do their bidding. More importantly, these email marketing companies know the ins and outs of this complex industry.
Summarily, you need an email marketing firm. And today’s blog post will answer every business professional’s must-know questions — what, why, and how.
The Basics of Email Marketing Firms
I’ll start from the top!
What is an email marketing firm?
In casual settings, you may hear the term used interchangeably with “email marketing agencies.” This isn’t necessarily wrong; at most, it’s mildly confusing. Both entities deliver high-quality email marketing campaigns. Both entities also employ email marketing specialists.
However, the terms have slightly different meanings. Firms provide highly specialized services, while agencies offer various approaches to your digital marketing needs. Nonetheless, many firms are commonly and informally called email marketing agencies; thus, for simplicity, I’ll take the casual approach and use these terms interchangeably.
What Do Email Marketing Companies Do?
Now that the technicalities are out of the way…
It’s time to address one of the most frequently asked questions I’ve encountered as an email marketing specialist: What do these email marketing companies do? Notably, this also answers the next question: Why do I need an email marketing agency?
The second inquiry has a simple answer. Outside of the obvious benefits of a superior email marketing strategy, having a marketing partner is a win-win scenario. You get a steady stream of high-quality email marketing campaigns without the drawn-out creative process. Meanwhile, the email marketing company enjoys a professional relationship with your brand.
However, the answer to the first question is complicated and lengthy, so bear with me!
On the surface, an email marketing agency delivers regular content marketing. They compose emails, perfect designs, implement all the necessary behind-the-scenes coding, and tackle campaign management. A full-service email marketing agency also offers supportive services and marketing strategy guidance.
The depth of your email marketing services will vary. Some marketing agencies offer little more than fulfillment services for pre-planned content calendars. Others provide email marketing services, support, and marketing automation. Many of the best email marketing agencies deliver cohesive solutions for your email marketing efforts, tackling everything from research to active campaign management.
Breaking the Process Down
Consider my team of pros at The Email Marketers. Together, we form a full-service agency specializing in your email campaigns. We tackle the whole process, and we’ll ensure your email templates are perfectly tailored to match your target audience.
Crafting a truly effective email marketing strategy is a long and difficult process, but it’s well worth the effort! It’s an overwhelming ordeal for anyone — especially already-stressed owners of small businesses — so I’ll break things down into four (mostly) sequential categories:
- Planning Services: The top email marketing companies offer complete care packages for your campaigns. This first category of email marketing services is primarily strategic, focusing on optimizing your email marketing software and utilizing every tool to its fullest potential.
- Development Services: Next, your digital marketing agency begins the creation process. This is the most “obvious” subset of email marketing services and includes copywriting, design, and implementation.
- Monitoring Services: Once approved, campaigns are released into the wild! Now, your email marketing agency begins its careful monitoring process. Like planning services, this portion of your email marketing strategy is a tactical — rather than creative — journey.
- Improvement Services: The numbers are crunched, and the email marketing company tallies the results. Now, it’s time to make even more email marketing campaigns! And aren’t you lucky? The due diligence of your email marketing agency makes planning new, successful content easy!
1. Planning and Development for Your Email Marketing Services
The first phase of your email campaign services is a battle of wit. Your online marketing team must plan and design a marketing calendar to your specifications, which must resonate with your target audience. Notably, this is not a “gimme”; some internet marketing agencies only handle pre-approved or pre-planned content marketing. Others have limits on their development process.
I can’t tell you who the best email marketing service is. (I’m a huge fan of The Email Marketers, of course!) But I can tell you that the email marketing space is complex. Ultimately, the best email marketing company for your brand will provide the services you need without nickel-and-diming you for useless add-ons.
So, what will that look like? Well, consider some of these points as you search the world’s most trusted email marketing companies…
Do You Need Help With Your Email Marketing Strategy?
One of the first things you’ll want to know is the extent of your campaigning.
Simply asking a digital marketing agency for generic email templates is an acceptable solution, but it’s not a guaranteed money-maker. Instead, consider your brand’s status. Regardless of your industry — whether you’re a B2C or B2B brand — you’ll need some goals.
Some of the most important questions to consider as you peruse the best email marketing agencies include the following:
- What is my plan? Some marketing agencies require sample materials; others will create a new brand identity to suit your needs.
- What is my story? Similarly, you must have a basic idea of your brand’s goals. You don’t need a novel; even a few bullet points will suffice.
- Who is my target audience? A digital marketing agency is more than happy to help you with your market research, but it’ll cost more!
- Will I use other marketing channels? Even a specialized firm — like The Email Marketers — has experience in web development and social media marketing. The best email marketing agencies will support and uplift your multi-pronged approach to content marketing!
Do You Need Technical Support?
Next, your team investigates your delivery methods.
Don’t worry! I still have some helpful tips up my sleeve. For this phase of the interview process, you’ll want to consider…
- Do you have established marketing? Past marketing campaigns can help your new email marketing specialists craft more personalized content. More importantly, having an established account with an email marketing provider reduces the downtime between the initial onboarding process and your first marketing emails!
- Do you need an email marketing tool? It’s okay if you’ve never had a chance to start those email campaigns! Your new marketing partner can help you find and set up a fine-tuned solution for your email marketing efforts.
- How will you handle lead generation? Similarly, consider your current lead generation strategy. Having a pre-filled list of contacts is great, but your marketing agency needs to know how they’ll find more subscribers in the future.
2. Designing and Implementing Your Email Marketing Campaigns
Once you’ve cleared the air, it’s time to create that juicy targeted email marketing!
I’ll keep the same format going so you can easily reference this blog post as you refine your email marketing solutions.
As you’d expect, the development process is more creative than planning. There’s still some strategic thinking, but most of the development process revolves around visuals and wordplay. Notably, all email marketing strategies use these building blocks.
To begin, you’ll need a brand identity. If you’re struggling with this, consult your email marketing providers! You can also ask yourself the following questions:
- How should my email marketing campaigns look? Your visual brand identity is all about color, shape, and form.
- What is my brand’s story? Create a compelling narrative. Tell your subscribers what you care about, and they’ll do the same.
- What is my brand’s voice? Your content marketing should have an identity. Consider your word choice and overall tone!
After this, you can break the creation process into distinct parts. Conveniently, each piece corresponds to one of these questions!
(I should also note that these email marketing services are rarely performed alone. Departments must work together to create cohesive email marketing content.)
The Visual Design
Designing an email marketing campaign requires visual skills and technical know-how. Your content will be seen by countless subscribers, and you can’t guarantee they’ll all be using the same device!
A full-service email marketing agency understands this. At The Email Marketers, teams craft dynamic content marketing that looks great on any device. Your dedicated specialists can also craft unique one-off campaigns!
Together, your writers and designers will also form a distinct identity for your business. This helps customers recognize your messaging and ensures your email automation exceeds your expectations!
This aspect of email marketing can also boost your customer acquisition. After all, you have to plan a story! Your email strategist will tackle that narrative with a dedicated content calendar. You’ll also have plenty of time to leave feedback; email advertising companies strive to achieve the highest customer satisfaction!
Finally, you have the heart and soul of internet marketing.
Even the best automated campaigns need polish. A skilled writer can turn the most boring of ideas into a brilliant narrative! Even the smallest changes can make a massive difference, improving your overall customer relationship management abilities.
3. Monitoring Your Email Marketing Services
The final two parts of your email marketing strategy are comparatively simple!
Take campaign monitoring as an example. It’s exactly what it says on the box. More precisely, it’s the process of tracking and managing a campaign’s overall performance.
Fortunately for everyone, modern email marketing services include these features by default.
Now, if you have something specific you need to track, you should inform your email marketing agency! Most will be delighted to oblige. If needed, an agency can craft unique monitoring parameters for your email marketing campaigns.
4. Getting the Most From Your Email Marketing Agency
Finally, that data is used to improve your marketing campaigns.
A skilled email marketing agency — such as The Email Marketers — can take a vague dream and turn it into pure, steady cash! You’ll gain the expertise and insight of a whole team of marketing pros, and they’ll always be ready to help.
And you never have to lift a finger. Your marketing automation is handled. Just sit back and relax.
Sounds great, right?
Well, here’s the good news: You can live that dream!
Schedule a free strategy session to learn how The Email Marketers can take your marketing to the next level.